Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Photography Color Reflection

This is my composition that represents the monochromatic color scheme.

This is my composition that represents the complimentary color scheme.
This is my composition that represents the analogic color scheme.
This is my composition that represents the triadic color scheme.


Reflection -
During this project I learned how to manipulate the different colors and use the lasso tool in photoshop to create figures that would reflect the shapes in my photograph. For instance, in my monochromatic composition, I had used the lasso tool to create shapes with rugged sides to reflect the different rugged structures of the leaves. Also, I had learned how to successfully use the digital camera to focus and work with the natural lighting in my photograph. The lasso tool and the wide variety from photoshop's color palette were definitely essential to may success in this project. Photoshop's color palette truly allowed me to experiment with the different color schemes that I could use within my composition. When we had looked at other peoples' compositions in class, I was able to observe some of the methods that my classmates had used and I learned how to incorporate those methods into my compositions. For instance, I realized that some of my classmates had successfully used rectangular shapes and after seeing their compositions, this inspired me to create my next composition with rectangular shapes. I definitely also used my observational skills when using the digital camera to take photos of the specific color schemes. This project has taught me to observe color in terms of the different types of color schemes. For instance, I truly learned which colors would contrast each other the best. My composition with the green leaves and the one red leaf successfully contrasted each other because red and green are part of the complimentary color scheme. I also learned how there are several different shades of one color when I was creating my monochromatic composition.



No comments:

Post a Comment