Thursday, October 18, 2012

Rayogram



My composition was successful because I combined both a soft, elegant hair accessory with some more tough metal pieces. My previous compositions had only hair accessories and jewelry which did not vary the types of materials in my composition. I truly enjoyed the variation and contrast between the elegant and slightly more harsh objects. When working with a classmate, I was advised to use or add some slightly more harsh and abrupt parts in the elegant part of the headband; as well as, adding some more elegant, soft lines or figures within the metal pieces. My previous paper composition was truly focused on the balance and symmetry of the figures. I had chosen this rayogram partially because I enjoyed that this composition showed more of a rhythm rather than the rigid and balance structure of my last composition. In my previous composition, I chose to show a greater contrast between positive and negative space; however, in this composition, the contrast between the positive and negative space is not as distinct. The contrast is mostly within the headband part of my composition. I also enjoy that in my composition, there is a connection between the gentle flowers of the headband and the abrupt metal parts.
Within the next two days I plan to contrast the positive space by including more cut objects of negative space. For instance, the headband greatly shows positive and negative space; however, the metal pieces greatly lack negative space and I intend to use my previous technique on my last composition by creating almost "a reflection"/outline of the nails with cut paper figures. However, I would also love to include my classmate's suggestion of adding in more contrasting gentle, wavy lines to the abrupt metal pieces. Therefore, I plan to take paper strips of a slightly wavy figure to contrast the positive and negative space; as well as, add in a slightly more continuous transition from the elegant flowers of the headband to these metal pieces. I am also planning to contrast some of the soft, rounded petals of the flowers with some more rectangular or abrupt paper-cut figures. I definitely intend to see a great combination of the skills and strengths from my previous composition with my rayogram over the course of the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment