Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Charcoal Value Drawing

I think that it was easier for me to draw the metal can than drawing the leaves of the plant. I think that sometimes the lighting had changed so it was difficult for me to draw the lighting on the leaves accurately. Also, the wrench was definitely the hardest part of the drawing because of the plant's angle. The wrench was placed between the stems of some of the leaves but I didn't have a side angle of the wrench so it was really difficult for me to represent it accurately. However, it was a lot easier for me to consider the lighting of the can because it was more direct and didn't vary as much as the plant. I enjoyed trying to draw the leaves of the plant because although the lighting was a lot more difficult to draw, it was enjoyable because there were varied parts of the leaf. I wish I could have emphasized more on the lighting of the leaves. Overall, I definitely think that this was a great experience because I was more concerned about the value of the whole drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment